This recipe makes about 15 cake pops…
• 200g organic pitted dates
• 100g ground almonds/almond flour
• 50g coconut flour
• 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp whole white chia seeds, plus more for decorating
• 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
• 1/4 cup or 47 ml melted organic coconut oil
• pinch of sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
• 100g good quality 70 percent dark chocolate
• Christmas themed sprinklers for decorating
• Cake pop sticks
1. Add all the ingredients to blitz into a food processor and blitz until well combined.
2. Take a tablespoon of mixture and form balls.
1. If using cake pop sticks, carefully insert the stick into the balls, try not to break them.
2. If not using the cake pop sticks then make the balls and place them on a tray with parchment paper.
3. Refrigerate for an hour or two, this helps the balls to hold on to the sticks better.
4. Use a double boiler method and melt the chocolate.
5. Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate
1. Make sure you cover all around, including where the sticks are attached.
2. If not using the cake pop sticks then using a fork dip the balls into melted chocolate and place on a tray with parchment paper.
6. Decorate each cake pop while still wet with desired sprinklers or with white chia seeds.
7. Place them on a cake pop stand or into a glass tumbler, just make sure they don’t stick to each other.
8. Refrigerate until set.
9. Enjoy guilt free!
Check out Shilpa’s Instagram @soulful_and_healthy for more healthy food inspiration.