Chia HummusWe worked with consultant dietician Aveen Bannon to create this nutritious and easy to make recipe.
A slight twist on regular hummus this is a lower fat option that is a source of both omega 3 and fibre. Delicious served with rice-cakes or raw veggies for a snack or serve with some cherry tomatoes and brown bread as a healthy lunchtime option.
Makes 7 servings
- 232 kcal
- Source of Fibre (4g)
- Source of Omega 3 (1.3g)
- 3.8g of protein
- 200g can of chickpeas drained
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 120 mls of olive oil
- 120 mls of water
- 2 chilies chopped (can add more or less depending on how spicy you like your houmous)
- 50g of milled chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Then serve with some oatcakes, brown bread or raw vegetables, perfect lunch or snack option.
Like this recipe? You might also like this soda bread recipe.