Coconut and Chia Pancakes
*These coconut and chia pancakes are low carb and gluten-free *
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of chia seed
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients except 1 teaspoon of coconut flour and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the remaining teaspoon of coconut flour.
- Heat a greased nonstick pan over medium-low heat for a minute or two, use coconut oil for frying, do not let the pan get too hot – they can burn very easily!
- Pour desired amount of batter into the pan (I used two tablespoons to make medium-sized pancakes), and cook until golden, about five minutes. Flip very very carefully, preferably with a thin metal spatula, and cook for a few more minutes on that side.
- Carefully transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter, re-greasing (or spraying with cooking spray) between each pancake.
- Use toppings you wish- I love Liberte greek yoghurt, fresh berries and banana.
*Also Note: If you make a big batch of these coconut flour pancakes, you can freeze them. Just make sure you freeze them in a single layer before popping them into a freezer bag, so that they won’t stick together.
*These ARE worth making, they might take a little bit of time to get used to but I promise, they are such a delicious munch.Enjoy,