8 regular sized, good-quality sausages
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flour
1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
2 tbsp tomato relish
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- Place the sausages in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the saucepan and place on a plate, to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Combine 1 tsp of chia seeds with 1 tbsp of flour. Dust most of it over the countertop. Place the sheet of pastry on top, dust the top of the pastry with the remaining chia and flour mix. roll the pastry out carefully, using a rolling pin.
- Cover the pastry with a thin layer of tomato relish.
- Cut the sheet of pastry into 8 even sized pieces.
- Place a sausage on the edge of each piece of pastry and roll to cover.
- Lightly brush each roll with a little-beaten egg.
- Place on a lightly floured baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and risen. Serve hot or cold, with a dip of your choice. Do not reheat.