Thai Chia Prawn NoodlesThis flavoursome and healthy noodle dish can be prepared and ready to eat within thirty minutes, making it a wonderful midweek supper. A food processor is best to finely mince the needed ingredients for the spicy chia sauce. However, if you don’t have a processor, simply finely chop the coriander, chilli and garlic by hand before adding to the chia seeds and wet ingredients.
250g egg noodles
1 tbsp chia seeds
Small handful of fresh coriander
1/2 – 1 small red chilli, depending how spicy you like it
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil
400g peeled raw king prawns
4 scallions, sliced
150g baby corn
- Cook the noodles according to the pack’s instructions. Drain and lave to one side.
- Using a processor, blitz together for 30 seconds the chia seeds, coriander, chilli, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Add the olive oil to a wok over a high heat. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Add the scallions and corn and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Add the sauce to the pan and then the cooked noodles. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Divide between four bowls and scatter over a few coriander leaves to serve.