Vegan French Toast
Nothing screams brunch like French Toast – its super tasty and such an indulgent breakfast! We have managed to create a healthier, guilt-free VEGAN french toast!! Trust us when we say this tastes just as good as the regular version…if not a bit better! This is the perfect lazy weekend breakfast and it makes a great dessert too!
1 tbsp Chia Bia Milled Chia Seed
1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4-5 thick slices of bread (use a sturdy rustic loaf as thin slices/spongy bread will go soggy)
- In a large bowl whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Add coconut oil or vegan butter to grease the pan.
- Take the first slice of bread and soak it in the wet mixture for 20-30 seconds on each side and add it to the pan.
- cook on each side until golden brown and repeat with each slice of bread.
- Serve immediately with some coconut cream and another drizzle of maple syrup! Yum!!